HUNGARIAN Model M 42 flare pistol

signalman
User

HUNGARIAN Model M 42 flare pistol

Post by signalman »

This is a Very rare Hungarian Model M 42 flare pistol.

As you can see The frame resembles, and probably used some of the same machinery as the WWI era Hungarian Frommer .32 cal. pistol.

The Barrel and receiver are aluminum and anodized finished like the Heer model flare pistols.

These were produced under German Occupation during WWII. Probably less than 500 manufactured.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by signalman on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: HUNGARIAN Model M 42 flare pistol

Post by signalman »

another view
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

here is mine ;-)

I knew it was rare, but I didn`t know that theer were less than a thousand produced.....
Ratnik
User

Post by Ratnik »

Another one. Serial - 10608
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

WOW ! That is an great flare pistol. I have never heard of a serial number above 1,000.

That leaves a big question, Where did the other 9,000 disappear to ??, Were they melted down for the Aluminum, or are they lost in storage somewhere in Europe ??

Are there any Waffenampt markings on this one , Waa ?

Ratnik
User

Post by Ratnik »

No, there is no WaA or any other markings exept serial number.
This flare gun was founded in old house in western part of Ukraine, which was a part of Hungary before 1945.
I don't think that more than 10000 were produced... In such case we already should see much more such flare guns.
For example serials at russian guns are also not logicaly assembling - according to produced quantity they should start from AA001 and end KA999, but we could see XX757, YU999
Maybe here we have similar situation... Next after F00 999 could be F10 001
Even with german flare guns situation is not so clear as it looks.
For example I have Zink ac 43 with serial 754 without any letter(recently on forum was posted zink flare gun with serial number 6). But I also saw ac 43 Zink with serial ХХХa
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

Here is one with WaA- marking
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

It looks like there is a magazine release lever in front of the lanyard loop. Is there a magazine in the grip (vestige of its 37m pistol origin)?
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

964AWACS wrote:It looks like there is a magazine release lever in front of the lanyard loop. Is there a magazine in the grip (vestige of its 37m pistol origin)?
It is the grip of the hungarian M37 pistol, and even the mag Extension is same. But there is NO Magazine in it, it is sort of dummy.....
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Thanks bergler - and Merry Christmas!

One more question - the finger extension is part of the magazine in the pistol. On the flare gun, is it part of the frame?

Return to “Russian and other communist block countries' flare guns”