Line thrower from east

Gotavapen
User

Line thrower from east

Post by Gotavapen »

Can you please tell me more about this what seems to be a line thrower?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gotavapen
User

Re: Line thrower from east

Post by Gotavapen »

Here are some stamps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

The AL-1 line throwing gun AL-1, which has been used since the fifties in both the naval fleet and the merchant navy, is based on the Schermuly system and uses a modified Schpagin pistol as its base weapon. The barrel of this pistol is provided at the end of the cartridge bearing with a stop, which comes to rest on the edge of the shock pad when closing and thus ends the rotational movement about the running hinge. Without this stop, there would be a risk that the rear running by the strong lever effect of the long launch tube presses apart the side parts of the handle. Before the hinge pin, the barrel expands to a caliber of 52 mm and thus serves as a guide tube for the rocket. With this pistol a line throw of 350 m can be achieved. It makes sense that the entire range of 26 mm signal cartridges can also be fired with this weapon, which makes another signal pistol superfluous.
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

The rockets of the Russian line throwing guns have a shaft diameter of 52 mm and are equipped with a buoyant front part, which is painted red for better visibility. On this floating container, the data are printed, often also in English. Just like the rockets of the Schermuly pistols, the Russian rockets are ignited by an ignition cartridge and catapulted out of the launch tube.
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

ImageImage
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

Rakete.jpg
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Does anyone know a source for the buoyant front end piece? I have an AL-1 that I got from Signalman at this year's Show of Shows and would love to have the companion part
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Also, does anyone know years of production and number produced? The one pictured is dated 1963 and mine is dated 1966.
vlad448
User

Post by vlad448 »

I do not presume to assert, but as far as I know, from the late 50s to 1997.

SAM_1847.JPG
SAM_1858.JPG
SAM_1859.JPG
Best regards, Vlad.
vlad448
User

Post by vlad448 »

Some photos ...
SAM_4695.JPG
SAM_4696.JPG
SAM_2176.JPG
Best regards, Vlad.

Return to “Russian and other communist block countries' flare guns”