Page 1 of 1
Soviet Flair Cartridge?
Posted: Mon 14 Dec 2015, 00:16
by Brian Keith
I bought a Soviet OSP30 flare gun and this fired cartridge was with it. It is a steel case, with a green band around the lower body and on the end. It appears to have the letters “(XI9)” or “(bIX)” on the base. It is 81 mm long. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. I’m posting photos of the gun in the Russian section.
BKW
Re: Soviet Flair Cartridge?
Posted: Tue 15 Dec 2015, 05:23
by signalman
I believe it is a WWII German flare cartridge.
Re: Soviet Flair Cartridge?
Posted: Tue 15 Dec 2015, 09:05
by bergler
signalman wrote:I believe it is a WWII German flare cartridge.
Yes, I think as well Standard german WW2 steel casing for green Signal flare.....
Re: Soviet Flair Cartridge?
Posted: Sat 30 Jan 2016, 03:42
by Brian Keith
Thanks for the information guys. Not quit as interesting as it would have been if Russian, but still a good item!
BKW