Page 1 of 1

Long-barrel Model 1926 (LP-26) S/N 18177

Posted: Mon 19 Dec 2022, 18:04
by somd_mustangs
Similar to other Luftwaffe contract pistols in the old thread:
http://www.flaregunforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

"N 4002" and Eagle/2 on left side. Not sure what the "S" over the E/2 is for?
Anyway it appears to be in very nice shape, with some scrapes and scratches but no real wear or abuse.
I wasn't sure exactly what it was when I ran across it, since it was listed as a "Model 4002", but thanks to this site and Mark's site decided it would be wise to "pull the trigger".

Re: Long-barrel Model 1926 (LP-26) S/N 18177

Posted: Thu 22 Jun 2023, 05:33
by Sg8498. 13
hy,

Early Luftwaffe acceptance stamp

Re: Long-barrel Model 1926 (LP-26) S/N 18177

Posted: Thu 22 Jun 2023, 21:34
by signalman
The "S" is a date code for 1935. It is also used on the Model "L" Luft double barrels, and Lugers.

Re: Long-barrel Model 1926 (LP-26) S/N 18177

Posted: Fri 23 Jun 2023, 20:47
by somd_mustangs
Thanks! I didn't associate the "S" with the Luger date code, that makes sense.