Unknown model and manufacturer

Post Reply
Hebel94
User
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat 08 Oct 2011, 16:52

Unknown model and manufacturer

Post by Hebel94 »

Hello, would you have any information on the manufacturer of this signal pistol the logo of which appears on the frame? There is no other markings on the pistol. Attached to it was an handwritten label saying it is Imperial Russian. Many thanks in advance for any information you may have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaiser
User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri 17 Mar 2023, 22:15

Re: Unknown model and manufacturer

Post by Kaiser »

I think i have seen one like this before in a book listed as a french civilian type flare gun
User avatar
signalman
User
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue 27 Sep 2011, 14:51
Location: Sunny Florida

Re: Unknown model and manufacturer

Post by signalman »

It is French, I had one which I sold a number of years ago. It also had a Finnish Army SA proof in a square. They are quite rare in the USA. Mine did not have the interesting proof in a triangle that you picture. Do you know what it stands for ?
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.


I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Post Reply

Return to “Other countries' & unidentified flare guns”