qyn find

Mark
User

qyn find

Post by Mark »

This is a really hard to find code for late war guns.

The wa code (HASAG) and euh code (C.&W. Meinel-Scholer) are the most common encountered. The qyn code is rare!

Also, the WaA marking is WaA89 which you can clearly see in my photo. I think if we can find other German WaA89 items marked with this code we can determine who the producer is.

I will post this question on other collector forums to see if other German military items are marked with the WaA89.

Enjoy my photo, condition is not great but very hard to find, in my opinion.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gunnertwo
User

Re: qyn find

Post by gunnertwo »

Mark,

Good find, I know you've been looking for this variation for a while.

I'll post pics of mine shortly.

Thanks,

G2
BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

Hi,
Nice find. I've one too. But from what I can observe, on mine, the WaAmt seems to be WaA88

http://leuchtpistole.free.fr/Sommaire/En_LP42.html

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

My example is buried somewhere. My records show it is Waa99.

It is possible there could be two Waa proofs during the time of its production, OR that the 88 die chipped and created the 99.

I have an LP-42 marked with a clear Wc code instead of Wa. Wc was used during the war by the same company as Wa so it can be legit. It also, However, could be a chipped die that created the Wc marking.

The codes I have are Hasag, Wa, Wc, euh, de, Sww, qyn. The Wa and euh is common, the rest are very scarce to quite rare.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
gunnertwo
User

Post by gunnertwo »

Here are pics of my "qyn". The WA appears to me to be the #99.

Thanks,

G2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gunnertwo
User

Post by gunnertwo »

More pics.

G2
gunnertwo
User

Post by gunnertwo »

Last pics.

G2
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

I had a look at my examples. I have 4 of them at present. All 4 are clearly marked with WaA99.
I had WaA88 before as well, but am not sure if it is really WaA88 or a misstamped/unclear WaA99.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Four of them, Fantastic. They have gotten very hard to find.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Weiss
User

Post by Weiss »

Photo of my LP 42

Return to “Leuchtpistole 42”