AC 41 "Z" flare pistol from fathers estate

josephhemi
User

AC 41 "Z" flare pistol from fathers estate

Post by josephhemi »

Greetings to all, new member here. Researching Flare pistols I recently inherited, of which one or two are I believe are quite interesting and that a few of you may be interested in seeing photos. I have a question of some importance to me.

Is it illegal ( NFA ) to own a AC41 "Z" flare pistol with the "rifled steel insert still in place" ???

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

Best Regards Joe
DSC02459.JPG
DSC02458.JPG
DSC02460.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
josephhemi
User

Re: AC 41 "Z" flare pistol more photos.

Post by josephhemi »

More photos. Pop always told me the elevation sight was original and that he purchased this pistol in the 1970's. Sight has red fluid.

Joe
DSC02462.JPG
DSC02461.JPG
DSC02463.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: AC 41 "Z" flare pistol from fathers estate

Post by signalman »

It is a nice kampfpistole, There is NO rifled steel insert in a " Z " or kampfpistole. The aluminum barrel is rifled.

A sturmpistole, with folding sight and stock has a smoothbore barrel, and thus needs a rifled steel insert for certain types of grenades.

The sight, or clinometer to be more correct is worth as much as the pistol.

In most areas of the USA, the Kampfpistole is legal, but should be transferred with the same paperwork as a pistol.
However, it is illegal in areas like N.J. etc.

In other countries it may be legal or illegal.

Check your local laws to be sure.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
josephhemi
User

Thank you Signalman ! Sorry posted under wrong pistol type.

Post by josephhemi »

I have been lurking for a few weeks now and noticed your posts were thoughtful and knowledgable. Dad handed me this flare pistol hundreds of times over the years to hold for him while he got his wallet out a gun shows or some such thing and I never noticed the rifling until doing research for it.

Thank you again for the edification and response. I'll get some photos up of his Eagle K police rig soon, just to share with the forum members.

Best Regards Joe Garrett III
DSC02464.JPG
DSC02465.JPG
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

By the way, I cannot see the serial number in the photo's. Could you give us the serial number of the kampfpistole.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
josephhemi
User

Again sorry this is under wrong title.

Post by josephhemi »

#6909h matching.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Thank you.

AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Joseph,

You have a unique piece of WWII firearm history. Should you want to continue to explore its history I would strongly suggest that you purchase the book "German Flare Pistols and Signal Ammunition" written by Dr. Lorenz Scheit. You will be absolutely amazed on the different type of ammo the flare pistols used.

The 'rifled' munition was used in the Z pistol without an insert.
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Rifled munition.
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Excellent pictures and wonderful pistol, thank you for sharing with us.

Return to “Leuchtpistole Druckknopf”